Skip to main content

Today Is What You Have

~ Sometimes, we look so hard for a better tomorrow; that we miss the beautiful in today...

Today was Veterans Day.  My husband didn't have the mail route as a result.  I was all set for a day at home. Together. To work on projects here around the house.  That lasted about two glorious hours.  Then, he decided to go down to the ambulance barn and be of some use to that organization.  

I had a choice.  Be happy for him on his day off.  He had plans to buy quality meat for the grill that he knew a buddy of his would enjoy grilling. He was excited about it.  It would've been easy to throw a baby fit, I have been known to do those kinds of things in the past; but I also had a bunch of school sale project that needed work and I've found things go better for us, if I hold my "needs" with a loose hand. 

Something that I keep bumping into with life...  If everything happened according to my plan, say, everything went perfect with no problems or conflict from other people, would I be happy then? I suspect my happiness is a choice I make before the conflict. So, I got to thinking and remembering the good we have already.  I came in here to look at pictures and had a quiet worship of praise for all the good in today. Today is beautiful, however hard you have to look. 
                                   
                                     Sweet little hands, digging in the sand...
                                 Learning to fly a kite...
                                       Girl times....
                                         Moments like these...
                                  Campfires and s'mores and a four year old daydreaming...
                                        "Daddy, will you hold my hand?"  Look at that gorgeous view!  ;)
                                         Beautiful times with my daughters...
                                            Snow and ice and growing...
                                         One blessed papa....
                                         Happy Spots....
                                        My son, taller than I...
                                                   Over a year ago...
     My Best Friend and Husband, whom I am slowly learning to love well....

Comments