Skip to main content

The Best Years of Our Lives


Warning:  The following is a serious amount of memories...
If you are not in the mood to view family photos of years gone by,
this is not the place for you.  These have all been posted before but in my perusing old blog post,
I discovered although time passes so quickly, the nostalgia and longing to kiss my babies and snuggle them close has not left.  It used to be a lot easier is all.  My sixteen year old son no longer needs so much affection but will still tolerate a goodnight kiss.  The girls love their hugs and kisses as much or more.  I wonder if this is the way girls are or if they will soon not need them as much too.


                                          Look at all those baby teeth!  7 years ago...


   They have grown so much.  At one time, they depended on us holding their hand on a hike.  I miss       that.  I also miss seeing their dad like this.  There they go, all my favorite people...


                                                         Let's go fly a kite...


                               Our first camper and camping trip to Wisconsin.


                                                  Another vacation on the Oregon coast...


                           Laife requesting cheesecake for his birthday...I think his 12th...


                                                          My gorgeous baby...hazelnut eyes...


                                      Cruise to Alaska at least five years ago...


                                        Cruise ship...


                      The best place on earth... They all used to fit.  Even the dog.


                     Celebrating with Bruce as brand new EMT... At least three years ago...

                                             
                                                               My thirteen year old...


                                                         Spring break two years ago...

                                           
                                                        Spring break a year ago...

 
                                                        A year ago...


                                                  Last summer...boat ride...


                                                          Same day... fishing...


                                                               Little Baker


                                                       Learning to sew...

                                           
                                                                     First day of school...


                                                          Christmas this past year...


                                                        Date with Dad...


Laife's 16th birthday this year with both sets of Grandparents, and his siblings and his ole mum who is now forty...


                 Very recent of Bruce and I on an afternoon drive in the sunshine with the top down on the convertible.  I aint never had too much fun!  We are having the best years of our lives every year it appears.  The secret is to love the moment you are in no matter what!

Comments

  1. I understand the nostalgia....the kids were watching home videos the other night, oh my, how did my babies grow up so fast?! What will we be like when we're grandmas?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and I want to know your perspective; please share!