Skip to main content

Things I Learned This Month

 I learned that a month goes by very slowly when one is challenging herself to write everyday.

Also, I learned that a month goes by very quickly when you are noticing moments and thinking about what you will write next.

I found that I didn't always know what was going to come out of my pen. And I was surprised by what did somedays. The uncovering of ones soul is refreshing and embarrassing at the same time.

I realized I have a very good life and that I like it very much. I am deeply grateful for ordinary and boring moments. God's grace is abundant in my weakness. That makes living so very good.

My dog teaches me lessons about my relationship with God. I'm not a dog person naturally but am morphing into one. For sure. I promise you however, I am not one of those people that tolerates dogs better than babies on an airplane. I will never forget flying with babies and being given the dirty eyeball, whilst the dog owner was doted on. I digress.

I saw more what I value and also what I can let go. Walks over talks. Sorta. I think talking is important. But maybe walks in the woods are more? I guess that is a personal decision.

Forgiveness and walking in it needs to rule more in my life. Quietness and confidence in Jesus are calming. I can learn to be gentle and listen better. Amazing! God is good to me.

Sad days come and it's still good. God uses that too if we focus in on His will not mine be done. And praise. Never stop praising God. Especially when you are sad. And especially when it is dark before four in the afternoon.




Comments