Skip to main content

Afternoon Walk

 




Around four in the afternoon, I get restless and NEED to go outside and walk around. Usually, I meander out to the mailbox and then on my way back, get distracted looking at moss, sticks, rocks, and whatever captures my attention in the woods.

Funny how at my age those are the things that I notice just as I did when I was five or six. I get the same satisfied, completed feeling from examining them. Now I add on a little more worship to our Creator God for making the earth and all that grows.

Probably because I need that grounding more than I did as an innocent child. Going out and walking in the woods keeps my soul steady. Those big trees, that boulder that doesn't budge, the plush green mosses like carpet...How can you not forget life's worrisome cares after being in the presence of that Abundant Life?

Comments