Skip to main content

 


Sunday morning stillness... I stagger through the coffee making and water drinking, throw on a few dim lights, round up the lighter, my Bible, journal, and pens.

In the living room, I light the tapers that came in the mail yesterday. They are beautiful in the dark morning, dripless as advertised. The deer arrived a couple days ago. One arrived without antlers. I'm too lazy to send it back or re-glue it, so maybe I will paint over the nubs where the antlers broke off.

The coffee is good, warm, satisfying as I go over the Sunday School lesson and write down a few thoughts. I face a few difficult thoughts and bring praise to it, whisper the Lord's prayer over it. Thy kingdom Lord, in this... I can't change anything but God can and does...and for this I give Him praise.

Coffee is gone. I get up and wake up the house, put the casserole in the oven, ready for church. It's a relaxed morning, there is time for a little jaunt in the woods for a few more twigs of greenery I plan to stick in that bouquet for church.

Church is good. A Thanksgiving celebration. Songs and thoughts of praise and Thanksgiving to God for being God. Not only are we thankful for our physical daily gifts given to us by God, but also for His goodness and kindness and greatness over all the earth. And all the great big problems we...sinners saved by grace...bring into the world. And we say again, Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done.

It's been a good Sunday. Dark and Cold, but good. And no snow yet. I like that.



Comments