Skip to main content

Praise God

 

Even if your praise is coming out in sobs, getting stuck in your throat...I'm  telling you, PRAISE TO ALMIGHTY GOD, is the way through a bad time.

Before you get all pious and fake and try to deny that there are hard times and seasons full of suffering, let me just help you face this reality. Jesus said it would be so..."In this world, you will have sorrow"... and also, don't  discount the many many Bible verses that tells us how to face the storms of living. 

OK. Just needed to settle that for you, my reader. For too many years I bought into the lies of the shame and blame that goes along with those 'seasoned believers of The Way',  that if your life, on a daily basis has difficulty and hard things to navigate, then there must be something wrong with you.

Oh no, my friend, something is very right with you and your walk with Jesus, if you, on a daily basis, are having to make choices and learn how to say no to ungodly ways. This is exactly right. The grace of God which brought us salvation teaches us these things. 

And if you go through days, weeks, and even years of struggle and all uphill climbing...no breaks, a lot of sorrow, sweat, blood, and tears...Let me tell you, Praise to Almighty God helps A LOT! Jesus, the best example prayed, "Lord, please take this cup from me, nevertheless, thy will, not mine be done". That is praise of the highest order. It is complete trust and surrender.

I can know this but when it happens to me... I really know it. I have no business complaining about my shelter, it is a good little camper with all the conveniences of home, minus space, but the heat of summer days and tight quarters will get to you after awhile, and from time to time I feel like I am choking...like I can't get a good breath of air. 

The house build is taking shape rapidly. All is well. So much to be grateful for and all that. But truth is, being in close proximity all of the time isn't what we are used to and last week I kept choking on praise... Because I am real and can tell you that these factors along with a few inner turmoil of the soul which only Jesus should hear about...thence the choking sensation on praise to Almighty God.

But I took that dog on a walk, yes I did, as I do three times a day, and I held that leash with my right hand and lifted my left hand towards my Maker In the heavens and I choked out the words, "God, I praise you." and the next praise was, "Help me, Jesus!" so that by the time we had made it over the hill and the dog had done his business, I could breathe again, great gulps of joy. 

So there is my little testimony to you. Praise works. Praise to God. Nevertheless, not my will, but Yours be done, Father.

Comments

  1. thank you, Shilah, yes I need this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a lot like what your Grandpa Skrivseth used to say. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and I want to know your perspective; please share!