Skip to main content

Spring Thaw




It's the time of year when you feel you are missing something.
 Is it someone's birthday? Some family member or friend maybe? 
Your brain is foggy trying to peel away layers of winter and ice. 
Sporadic burst of energy hit as the sun moves in and out behind spring clouds. 
Your mind feels alert, then dulls as gray merges with bright white.

Fingers itch for the feel of cool earth
Nose twitches with the smell of green
Emerging buds on nearby living plants.
Ears are tuned to the honk of geese and cry of the loon
As they float and fly nearby over misty waters.

Thawing after winter is slow hard work.
 Fingers are rusty with lack of tap tap tapping out the words
 Frozen up in my heart.

I learned a lot this winter.
About life and marriage and being steadfast in both.
My feet still go through the ice in places;
I struggle to find my footing and solid ground. 
My words are stuck to the roof of my mouth. 
The thoughts simply will not thaw and loosen. 
But its time.
Time to thaw and flow again,
Like the water around the dock.

A trickle of truth: Trust God for every detail.
He knows everything prior to now. 
He knows all of the things ahead. 
He is with me in the present.
Where I've gone wrong,  
My next mistakes, 
When I get off track.

 A blast of peace: I felt and knew His help
 In that moment of insecurity...
 Hard conversations,
 Misunderstandings,
 And lack of caring. 
"He leadeth me beside still waters;
 He restoreth my soul."

A waterfall of strength: 
His power and wisdom, 
Holy Spirit navigating me
Through hard to breathe places, 
Indescribable pains of the heart,
Longings of the soul...
All are His. 
I walk with confidence.
I am His. 
He owns me and renews my mind, body, and soul, 
Breaking through
The remaining chunks of ice and uncertainty. 


Comments

  1. Yes, Breaking through: Through is a wonderful word and action.! MOM and DAD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and I want to know your perspective; please share!