Skip to main content

A Week of Being Buried Alive and Valentine's Day



Happy Sunday... Not only were we buried in snow this week, we were also buried in Responsibilities and Doing our Duties.  I wore the t-shirt slogan on my heart "I can't adult today" all week before I realized I was wearing it. 


I really don't want to look at Responsibility and Duty as capital lettered words. I want to enjoy the moment and live purposeful and be intentional...those kind of worthy phrases sound so much better.


So after hours of shoveling snow both in real life and inside my soul; I find myself sitting in church this morning with this verse staring me in the face. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3


This week Bruce and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Only, we already did in Mexico over Christmas. This doesn't mean we still aren't gonna think about it on Wednesday the 15th. Tho, I do I find it ironic how this time of year is often too busy just surviving to even think of celebrating. 


My outlook has been negative. This I have been told by my best and closest people. They love me like that. I think I am just being real about the harshness of winter, but it is coming across as Eeyore-ish.  All Eeyore lacked was vitamin D. Same as me. 😃


My best advice for marriage since we are on the subject...be committed...it can be nice just to have that much in the bleakness of winter...Seriously tho, be committed to your own personal growth with Jesus. When you do that, you won't have time to pick each other apart; you'll be too busy confessing your faults to each other and kissing and making up. Makes for great romance, all that kissing and such.


Here's to twenty years with this man...We studied 1 Peter 3 today in Sunday School and I am still learning what it all means. 

Bruce, I promise I will mess up more in the future, but I also promise I will do all I can to fix my messes as we go. Love you to the moon and back!

Comments