Skip to main content

Words...

They are attempts to say what's on the heart. To explain why I did what I did. Words. Words. Words. Why so many of them? Words can do so much. They can tear something to bits. They can heal and soothe a broken spirit. They can bite and devour. They can encourage and build up. Words show my attitude. Words show the emotion I'm feeling at the moment. They have no secrets. The words I use can be taken opposite of what I'm trying to express. So much involved in communicating... Sometimes I communicate best by listening in silence. True communicating takes more than words. Words by themselves are just that. Communicating takes proper timing. Is my attitude showing? What is it showing? Are my words gentle and kind? Words... so easy to say. So hard to undo. So hard to say what I'm really thinking. So humbling. Not fun to be misunderstood. Wish I could fix things by using more words. Realize the redundancy of that. God's Word... Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet... Thy Word have I hid in my heart; that I might not sin against thee...Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight...

Comments