Skip to main content

Spring Day



 So far today...

I made a pot of coffee and turned the dryer back on because those bathroom rugs did not finish drying. I let the dog out and refilled his water.

I remade the bed because there are only a few hours in be-tween of sleep being taken there. (Bruce's night job) I made breakfast...bacon, eggs, and toast, for Bruce and Shaunti.

I drank several cups of coffee while reading a little in Deut. Psalm and Gal. somehow they all once again have a common thread. One of the old law and obedience and the other the new law and the spirit living in us...no longer bound to the old but made new in Christ...still obedience but walking after the spirit...no longer serving the flesh.

Wrote in my journal for a minute. Got distracted with something. Can't remember what.

Filled the dishwasher, washed off counters, and started a load of laundry. Ate breakfast and placed an Amazon order of sandals, a belt, and Corelle dishes. Put silverware in my Amazon Cart for Shaunti for later...

Let the dog out and went out too. Discovered a few things to do, like taking garbage to the bins, burning cardboard and brush, and planting raspberry bushes from my mom. Also found a place for the Lamb's Ear.

Came in and dug out my dahlia tubers to see how I did storing them for winter. I don't know. They seem ok. Not rotten or anything. I watched a You Tube-r say recently that it might be a good idea to start them in pots inside. Go easy on the water...don't want them to rot. OK then. I will give it a go.

Then I noticed the seedlings need water so I took a coffee mug and finger watered them. Very happy to see my baby tomato and basil plants that I repotted yesterday, looking upbeat and cheerful.

Drank a healthy drink of Calm powder and superbeet powder and lemon. You're right. It wasn't great. Took my vitamins. Looked at Instagram and found a funny reel and then got disgusted with getting sucked into random thoughtless activity and buried my phone. 

Repotted my four year old fern...getting her ready to go back outside for the summer. Walked out to the mailbox with errant dog. He walks with his nose down the whole time which leads him wandering all over the place. 

Spent a good hour researching 20 hour fasting/4 hour eating window for better menopausal health. There's some good science on it. A lot of 'knowledgeable' people there on the internet. Which makes for mass confusion in my little introverted mind.

Not able to comprehend all that information, my brain keeps going back to the garden where I was at some point in my ramble-y morning, I planted phlox and peony that I bought at Costco a month ago. Will it be ok that I just now planted them?

Thought about messaging my friend Twila to ask gardening questions but decided against it. Because do I really need more advice and someone else's experience? I think I am ready to experience some of my own failures and wins. And I hold all gardening loosely. I love it gently and if its fruit wants to fail and fly away under my care then so be it. Non committal gardening but giving it my best thought...Hhhmmm. 

Decide its a good time to write and come over to my computer and write about this instead of the 3rd story of my most recent anniversary trip in Italy as I had planned.

It's later afternoon and my writing exercise for the day turned into rambles. For dinner tonight I think I will make spring rolls with shrimp. Bruce will wake at 5 and I will pack his lunch for the night and feed him a meal too before he leaves for work at 6:30. Shaunti will come home soon after 5 in the middle of all that and the dog will squeal and jump with excitement and the quiet I have currently will be no more. 

It's warm and sunshiny. It will be the kind of evening I want to sit out on the patio with my husband until the sun goes down. But he's leaving. So instead I will find something to praise the Lord about and choose to have a good evening anyway. I have this to celebrate. That I know I can choose joy and praise and I'm learning to enjoy being in my own company doing nothing. Glory be to God.

Later...two days or so...

I often get asked what I do with all my 'quiet' time? How do you fill your day? They ask me this and I don't know how to respond. I know I do stuff but I'm not very organized. When I see something needs done I will do it. I don't have designated days for laundry or baking or cleaning. Maybe I am secretly very lazy. 

I decided to track a day and see...What is it that I do? Here is a glimpse. 

Your turn...You track a day and see what you do. 


Comments