Skip to main content

Wicked Cold

 


It has been wicked cold the last week. Cold makes people do weird things. Like browse seed catalogues, debate about hybrid or organic practices of horticulture, order seeds, and plan their gardens.

They sit inside endless hours looking at the beautiful sunshine and resisting the urge to go out in it. Looks can be deceiving as we know, the frosted over windows and doors bely this. Better to stay inside and stay safe.

However, after a few hours of snuggling in with YouTube, Instagram, and Netflix or Prime, you feel generally overwhelmed with the state of the world. Some people, will even succumb to its clutches and let it upset them and make proclamation about how people are getting dumb and dumber. And I agree. Except I think people have always been getting dumb and dumber but didn't always have social media platforms to expose themselves to the whole world.

Which leads me to remember the lawsuit many years ago about the woman who spilled hot coffee on her lap from a known fast food chain and sued them for her accident. And won. The need to blame someone for your own clumsiness. That seems not logical to me.

Anyhow, if you don't want to see the stupidity of man you still have the freedom to not view those things. No one is making you ingest that mindless clutter. 

If reading/seeing the news upsets you, might I suggest you need more Psalms and knowledge of God as Almighty. If you feel the urge to join in on someone's side of right and begin to make a noise along with them, might I suggest you temper those words and thoughts with God righteousness and seek His face first for that good cause you are about to embark on.

There is way too much noise in the world already. Don't give it wind...don't fan the flames of hatred and ill will and bitter emotion. Deal with your heart in this cold and frigid air. 

Fly to the throne of grace and give each thought and care up to Jesus. Cast all your care upon Him...Be like the Psalmist...Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength an my redeemer.

I believe I have more power over evil while I am kneeling at the throne of grace telling Jesus what I heard, saw, and what hurt me, than I do in my own good causes, thoughts, or words. Or yours.

Goodness! if everyone would just do that instead of the constant babble being used to set the world right, I'm pretty sure our kindness and nurture of hearts and souls would have much more effect than all our good deeds and words and self righteousness.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and I want to know your perspective; please share!