Skip to main content

Writer's Block

 



I've just spent the morning deeply meditating on an article assignment and feeling stumped. Writing an article for my blog post or other public consumption would be so much easier if you could just name the thing you are writing about.


But when I started my journey of writing I determined from the very beginning that I would never on purpose write any truth or honesty without first weighing it in the balance of another persons feelings. Especially those I love. 


And what God gives me to write is often my working through a difficult time with those that I love best. Or worst. Because real love is the tested kind. Love that sticks it out alongside someones nasty and doesn't leave because it's not easy. This brings out the worst in me sometimes. I have great gulfs of not knowing how to stay in grace and kindness...because it's just too much. I am tempted to run or hide from loving well.


There has got to be a way to be honest about love without being unkind. There has got to be a way to be real without exposing or demeaning those you love. Love must Bear all things...Believe all things...Hope all things... Endure all things...The very idea of this command is based on the fact that love will be difficult.


So I sit here and read other's beautiful thoughts put simply and truthfully. And I wait. It will come. And I will preserve my best love's characters at all costs even if I cannot name the thing that causes me to dig a little bit deeper. And learn to love for real.

Comments