Skip to main content

Prayer of Recovery


A beautiful woman uses her lips for truth, her voice for kindness, her ears for compassion, her hands for charity and her heart for love. For those who do not like her, she uses prayer.
   ~ Unknown

Let me just say; I love this quote. It is my heart's cry currently.

It speaks to every corner of injustice in my life and it explains what I believe to be one of my biggest passions.

Confession coming now: I have been sick. So sick I was opposite of all this quote says. I was ugly...(You  can't be beautiful when you can't breathe, when your skin feels like it is going to burn up and fall off from fever or when you can't find the strength for a shower.) 

I wasn't kind to my people...(I know because they finally all told me by getting in my face and saying.) We're blunt like that at this house. Can you feel the love tonight?

My ears became open to compassion and I heard them...Mark one up for the sick lady folks!

The hands for charity would be the washing of doorknobs and of sick laundry...food is still sketchy but we're trying...

My heart is open to giving love and for healing...sleep is helping. 

And because there will always be those who don't like me, I will continue to pray. I pray for them and I pray for me and I pray for you...Cheerio and wait for me while I bounce back this week...I have a sermon brewing in the deep recesses of my head...it has to do with hypocrisy and what Jesus thinks about that.



Comments