Skip to main content

Last Weekend

Last weekend we did go sailing for three days.  I meant to blog about it first thing this week but life got a little crazy for us here on the land and in real life.  

Bruce ended up going to Ohio for his uncle's funeral and I ended up doing home improvement projects so there was not time left to be newsy.

My two oldest came back to me last night!  Shaunti and I and one of Toria's best friends drove to the airport to meet their late arrival. I grabbed the both of them around the neck one in each crook of my arm and alternated kissing their teenage cheeks.  They are never leaving me again.

  Actually, Laife just left for the weekend to go camping in B.C. with his youth group. He did admit to missing my food and care and acted thankful for the little he received in the few short hours he was home.

SO, back to last weekend... We had lovely sunshine and a few times of lovely sailing winds throughout the three days we were out.  


Always a view out all sides of the boat...




 And this was half way through the first day when I discovered I needed to chill and relax somehow...Some days my fear factor is out of control for no logical reason...This time it was because I had been lax on taking my herbal helper that keeps me calm in crisis.  Like wind, for example.  When I get like that, wind is a crisis. You may now take a moment of silence for the graciousness of my husband during these times.  He deserves great honor.


I told Bruce I feel like a couple of yuppies with one kid and a sailboat.  He took it as a compliment.  But I was feeling guilt at not doing something more people oriented and worthy of praise.  While I should have just shut off the voices and enjoyed every yuppie moment provided by our God.


After three days of working in this kitchen, my house feels spacious...


Evening at the lake... There is nothing like a late night's swim in ice cold water...


Sunsets...


                         Captain of "Shy Lady"


              All of my favorite colors all in one place...





It's a dog's life...this...


When we got home I got out my go to potion and drank gallons of lemon water...Life is good again...

Comments