Skip to main content

The Little Week That Could

It started with an impossible list of schedules, appointments, and jobs. Purposely, we didn't make it a big deal. Rather, we did a little choosing carefully what could be cut out; things like bridal showers and fire department drill. That, and the choice to have singular vision, which is only looking at the day moment by moment, instead of planning all the details only to have most of them go 'poof!' as they so often do.

I balked and felt anger that I was required to run the mail route on a week when, I should be burrowed and secluded in my classroom, preparing for a year I have no idea of how to truly prepare. The whole snowball effect was piling down rapidly. I was afraid if I blinked I would be snowed under.

Thankfully, God got my attention at the exact moment I felt completely overwhelmed. First, He reminded me of His leading in the past. I remembered my personal pillars of cloud by day and pillars of fire by night. I remembered His provision of manna in my life.  He reminded me, "If I say this thing in your life is good for you to pass through, If I see these tasks as a way to provide you with what you need for this week, then I will give the strength and wisdom for you to do it and with joy."

This morning, hubby and I breathed a sigh of relief and said, "We got through and it really wasn't that bad."  Actually, I had a good week. I found myself praising God about every little odd thing that was brought to my attention, like the fact that somehow, the sewing got done last week. And there was still time in my day besides delivering the mail, to do laundry, get groceries, take kids to dentists appointments, take Laife to and from work, and all the other gazillion things a mom does. Also, doing the mail made two whole days alone to think and listen to music and pray and sort out my overactive mind. It felt like a rare gift in the light of busy summer with kids, and moving into fall/school with constant kid stuff. I felt the Lord was gracious unto me.

I was impressed with the goodness of God. It was stamped on my heart in a deeper way. Why do I doubt? Ever? Look at all those monuments of God making good out of what I call 'bad'.  The little week that could... maybe... sorta happen... DID! and it was our great God who brought us through, despite our fears and lists.




Comments

  1. I love that stack of rocks there!:) y'all have the most intriguing rocks out there.... We have nothing but little pebbly sandstone here so yours intrigue me! Glad you made it thru your week alright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kinda have a thing for rocks too. Do you think this is what they used in the Old Testament when it says they built a memorial of that place to remind themselves of what God had done?

      Delete
  2. I thank God your week was busy and it was wonderful week anyhow. I did learn and relearn that when the week ahead seemed toooo full, it changed constantly and became a possible thing and then I wondered what my hullabaloo was about! Tell God about it and it becaomes doable. MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help and encouragement, Mom.

      Delete
    2. Tell God about it and it becomes doable. I'm going to write this on my board this week. Thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and I want to know your perspective; please share!