Skip to main content

Praise the Lord Anyway..

     The other morning while I was working at the Post Office, Sherry Beck, a sweet lady whom we have the privilege of working beside, when asked how she was today, answered with a chirpy "good!" she continued with "might as well be!"  It reminded me of my Grandpa Skrivseth.  He would often say, "Praise the Lord, anyway" on hearing something negative. I remembered being embarrassed beyond words when he would answer the phone with "Good Morning, Praise the Lord!"  How foolish to be embarrassed by something so full of God's way.  I was pretty young.  I'll use that for my excuse.
     I'm learning that this is the attitude to have.  Psalm 90:14-17 caught my attention this week.  Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.  It's pretty much saying praise the Lord anyway.  Some mornings I don't feel joy about my present circumstances but to remember that Jesus satisfies first thing in the morning is cause for joy and gladness. Verse 15, make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.  Yup, feels like trouble and affliction some days, but Jesus taking over makes me glad. Verse 16 in my words, May Jesus be shown to people in touch with me throughout the day. May God be glorified.  I'll take the yuck if it glorifies God. Verse 17, my favorite.  May the favor of the Lord rest upon us, establish the works of our hands for us-yes establish the works of our hands.  Other versions read, May the beauty of the Lord rest upon us.  Gives the thought of God, at work making it be beautiful eventually and serving God as He thinks is favorable for me.  Not necessarily as I think is favorable or beautiful.  So praise the Lord anyway! 
 

Comments